Burning (Completely!) Gapless Audio CDs
This tutorial works with Foobar 2000, a freeware application listed in the MP3 Freeware Recommendations article. Although there is an option in most burning sotware, there is still a noticeable pause between songs. This causes problems when creating live concert cds and certain electronic (trance, drums and bass, etc) albums.
- First, download and install Foobar2000, including the Foobar 2000 burn plugin.
- After downloading the plugin, unzip the file and locate "foo_burninate.dll".
- Place this file in C:/Program Files/foobar2000/components or the alternative destination of Foobar 2000 installation.
- Upon starting Foobar 2000, click the playlist (at the top); select and add the MP3s files for the CD.
- Highlight all the MP3s and right click. Select Write audio CD.
- The default Foobar2000 settings should write a completely gapless audio CD if properly installed and executed.